Sunday, November 14, 2010

Enough

Do you ever wonder when enough is enough. I feel like God is testing the people of Westside much like he tested Job. I know that the church has gone through a time of prosperity and well being and now we are being asked praise him in the darkness and wear out our praying knees. In one congregation there are so many people suffering. We have a family with 3 children, both parents, and one grandparent facing medical difficulties, we have another family with a 10 yr old child who has been diagnosed with an illness that has no known treatment and no known cure, there is yet another family whose father is facing bone marrow cancer among many many other medical complications and he has had to go to Florida alone for treatment b/c his wife is now the sole income in the family and must continue working to support them. I am asking that my friends please pray with us and for us as our church family are hurting. During this time of sorrow and stress and sadness I will be trying to be more positive and to praise God even though things are so hard. Every day it is my goal to post one thing I am thankful for and one positive statement. I believe that words are a powerful and strong thing and change so much so I plan to have positive words hoping that in turn it will give me the kind of view about things that Job had in his struggle. Today I am so thankful for my husband’s side of the family they are a strong point in my life and I love them. My positive view for today is that Alivia has learned how to say Da Da, she does not yet associate it with Michael but I was still disappointed that she did not learn Ma Ma first, but I am very grateful for the fact that my baby is healthly and developing properly

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys... Its hard to understand why bad things happen to good people, but hopefully it can be used to bring glory to God. Hang in there!

    John 9:1-3
    As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

    ReplyDelete