Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Amazing Rescue

So I don't know how many of you know this but I am a part time nanny for a family in West Chester. They have three girls; Serenity age 8, Audrey age 3, and Brooke age 3 months. Serenity has started back to school and it has made my day so much easier and so much more peaceful well at least I thought I had. My lovey Audrey was running around with the dog yelling and I told her she needed to settle down b/c the babies were sleeping. So she went and locked the master bedroom door and shut it so that she would not disturb them. (In the logic of a three year old the lock apparently makes a door more sound proof) Too bad that the door has a real lock that needs a key, a key in which the family does not have possession. I call the dad (Dan) and tell him what is going on while he is in NKY on a run, his only advice and request was to please not mess up the door jam and to maybe call the fire department to break down the door. I immediately called my hubby and asked him how to get a door knob off from the outside of a room, which by the way is impossible. So he came and we called my dad who is amazing and knows everything. He told Michael what to do and he did it and I with my master tinkering skill used a putty knife to unlatch the locking mechanism and we saved the babies! It was quiet an eventful, tearful (for both babies who were screaming in the room for 20 min and me), day. I am so thankful for my hubby who also comes to my rescue. He is truly an amazing man I could not have hoped for anyone better; I love him with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment