Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sometimes You Have to Laugh at Spilled Milk.

While there are so many things that are incredibly difficult about being a mom there are so many other things that are so easy and there are even more things that make the difficult things more than worth it. I have had trouble with breastfeeding since the beginning. It took me 6 full days for my milk to actually come in which included nursing and pumping around the clock while being completely exhausted once it came in we did really well for like a month and then my darling daughter decided that she was ready to sleep through the night (between 6 and 8 hours at a time) which most parents would cry for joy about, I on the other hand began having an issue producing enough milk for her during the day. We invested in a nice medela double pump and I again nursed and then pumped for 2 weeks and we got things going well again. We are in the 3rd months now and again I am not able to get enough milk; my body is having a very hard time regulating my milk supply. I am so ready to call it quits b/c it is very time consuming and very stressful for me yet I feel like if I throw in the towel I’m a bad mom b/c I know that "breast is best". While I have all that playing around in my mind Alivia wakes up this morning and when I walk into her room to get her she has this big grin and a she actually giggles at the sight of me.... does it make all the stress worth it, oh yes completely!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment