Sunday, August 8, 2010

One Year Later

So this Sunday marks one year at Westside Church of Christ. This past year has been quiet an adventure for our family. I moved 12 hours away from everything I have ever known, all of my family, friends, and a familiar place. We moved into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment that was old, not well cared for and it smelled funny. A month after living here we discovered that we were expecting unexpectedly! I have discovered a new kinship with my mother-in-law making family a lot closer then I thought it was. We have made some new and wonderful friends. And I can successfully drive from my house to Wal-Mart, work and church without using my GPS and with out getting lost. The apartment is still way too small especially with the extra body that is living here too but we did manage to take care of the funny smell. And our little surprise is officially 3 months old and she is a beautifully wonderful addition to our family. I am so thankful for the support and courage that Michael gave me while moving and adjusting to this place. I am also thankful for our church family. The elders and minister at WSCoC have been our support and substitute family; the men of this church are some of the Godliest I have ever worked with. They know the importance of feeding those who feed others. For our one year anniversary they paid for Michael and me to attend a four day retreat (hotel and all) in Gatlinburg, TN in February so we would have a time to be fed and rest. I am very excited to see what God has in store for us in the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment